Lisa Silk ​​& Associates

Substance Abuse Counselor, Addiction Therapist

Compassionate Counseling for Addiction, Depression,

Anxiety, and Eating Disorders 

119 Coulter Avenue, Suite #214

Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003

(610) 649-3331

Lisa is a Licensed Addiction Therapist  in Ardmore, Serving the Greater Philadelphia Area and Main Line including: Philadelphia, Old City, Fairmount, Northern Liberties, Society Hill, Queen Village, Bella Vista, Rittenhouse Square, Fitler Square, University City, Washington Square, Chestnut Hill, Mount Airy, Montgomery County, Chester County, Bucks County, Bala Cynwyd, Elkins Park, Jenkintown, Wynnewood, Gladwyne, Bryn Mawr, Narberth, Haverford, Rosemont, Havertown, Villanova, Wayne, Malvern, Media, Swarthmore, Southern New Jersey, Camden County, Collingswood, Haddonfield, Cherry Hill, Haddon Township. Radnor, Manayunk, East Falls and Conshohocken 

Frequently Asked Questions

What is therapy?

Therapy is a collaboration between the therapist and client working together to reach a goal. It is my belief that each individual is unique and has his or her own goals for treatment. As a result, the methods of reaching these individualized goals must be adjusted and altered so that each client’s goals will be addressed in a way that best suits him or her.

Clients talk to me about their needs, and we develop a plan of action together. I do not pass judgment on the nature of one’s issues; instead, I remain open and honest in order to make sure we communicate effectively.

What qualifications do you have?

I have a master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) from The University of Maryland. I am licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). To earn this license, I worked for several years under the supervision of experienced clinicians, obtained my MSW, and had to pass the state-licensing exam. I also was required to take multiple courses relevant to the field and to undergo continuing education in order to be as up to date as possible.

What do you specialize in?

My work is specialized in helping individuals and families struggling with addiction as well as those struggling with eating disorders. I encourage support system involvement because research shows better outcomes in sobriety when one’s support system is involved in treatment.

Please go to (ADDICTION) and (LOVED ONES) for more information.

How long does therapy last?

The number of sessions needed depends on a number of factors: the issues at hand, the amount of time a person would like to devote to the process, and so forth. This is something that will be addressed in the first session when we discuss your goals for our time together.

How long does a session last?
Individual sessions are 45 or 60 minutes and family sessions are 60 minutes.

How much does a session cost?
Session with Lisa: $160 - $200 per session
Session with Ryan: $120 - $150 per session

What types of payment do you accept?
My office accepts cash, checks, and major credit cards. You also have the option to pay with PayPal which you can access via the button on the homepage of my website. Paypal will allow you to make payment with any major credit card or your personal PayPal account. 
Payment is due at the time of the visit unless other arrangements have been made. I require 24 hour advance cancellation notice, or you will be billed for the missed session. 

I will provide you with the necessary documentation to submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement.

When are your hours?
I am available by appointment, please call for further information about scheduling.

Is everything I talk about in session private and confidential?

Everything you share in session is confidential with three exceptions that are mandated by law:

1. If you tell me you are going to cause bodily harm to another person, I must inform that person as well as inform the police in order to secure his or her safety.

2. If you tell me you are going to cause physical harm to yourself or to kill yourself, I will work with you to find a way to keep you safe, but must call the police if you are unwilling to do so.

3. If you inform me of abuse or neglect to a child or vulnerable adult, it must be reported to the Abuse Hotline immediately and will be given to the appropriate agency to investigate.

Outside of these situations, your identity and everything you share in session will remain private.


Lisa Silk is a Licensed Addiction Therapist and Substance Abuse Counselor specializing in Addiction and Eating Disorders in Ardmore, the Main Line and Philadelphia